Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Outliers

September 11, 2009: The big guy at 7 a.m. yoga class today just so happened to mention a book he was reading, "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. He (the big guy) reported that anything can be mastered in 10,000 hours -- and he plans to do such a thing with yoga.

"Basically ten years," he said to me. I did a quick calculation and replied, "Basically three hours a day?" He nodded in approval.

I recognize that thing called "synchronicity" or "divine guidance" when I see it. Usually it arrives off the wall and out of context, yet is completely apropos. It turns to me. It has that bottomless look of wisdom in one eye, and it often nods. It is short and to the point -- and then it's gone.

I came home and requested the book from the library. The bugaboos must have heard me, for it seems the AC is not working today. One or two of them must have fiddled with its workings while I was at yoga class.



No comments:

Post a Comment